--------------------

Friday, April 9, 2010

Life (The Saddest Thing I've Ever Read)

Okay, I know I haven't posted in a while. Though thats because I got a virus on my dad's Laptop by watching so much Anime (Yeah, Yeah I know -.- HaHa)So now I can only write on my crappy computer that still doesn't have word Document.

Anywhoo, I read this post on a site I was on and it was being used as someone signature. It depressed me for a while, so thats just a warning before I post this:

LIFE.

Your close friends become strangers. Lollipops turn into cigarettes. The innocent ones turn the unimaginable ones. Homework goes in the trash. Soda becomes vodka, kisses turn into sex. Remember when getting high meant swinging on the playground? When protection meant wearing a helmet? When the worst thing you could get from boys were cooties? Dad’s shoulders were the highest place on earth and mom was our hero? Your worst enemies were your siblings. Race issues were about who ran the fastest. The only drug you knew was cough medicine. Wearing a skirt didn’t make you a slut. The only thing that hurt you were skinned knees and 'goodbye' only meant until tomorrow?
AND WE JUST COULDN’T WAIT TO GROW UP!

Depressing right? This is what some people see when they look at our world today. I really think its sad that someone would think this way and have made those choices, it makes me want to find all those people and try to change that. I want to speak to more people about Christ and all that he has to offer! He can take all that away and give you a new start. At first this just got me down, but when I really thought about it, it just got me fired up.

1 comment:

  1. You're totally right, Jen. That's the effect that sin has had on our world, but Christ can turn it all around! Growing up doesn't have to mean falling into sin.

    ReplyDelete