--------------------

Monday, May 10, 2010

Procrastination! (Oh, be still my heart)

Okay, So right now I'm listening to The Killers and exactly two minutes ago I was working on my English projects, fixing a few errors before I send it to turnitin.com. As you can see, my sugar induced twitchiness has led me to start blogging once more. *pauses as Indie Rock & Roll comes on to do a spastic air drum solo.* I just had this crazy craving to write (and ,naturally, writing stuff for school doesn’t satisfy this intense desire)

So, I’ve been rereading the ‘Night Huntress’ series by Jeaniene Frost and I have been hit once again with the pure awesomeness of this book. It really has everything I love about books in it! (Though the intense sex scenes I could do without, they burn my eyes out! Beware the second book! O.o) It has a kick butt heroine, believable characters and problems, stud muffin bounty hunter, Spiffy nicknames, No love at first sight crap >.>, Staketastic hunts and much more! I would tell you more, but I’d give away a bit of the plot :D I really do love this book. Needless to say it’s a paranormal romance. I’d give it a 4 ¾ stars. (Right up there with The Hunger Games novels [4 ½] ) The only reason it’s not a 5 is because of the sex scenes, I really don’t want to read that kind of stuff but it does seems unavoidable for the kinds of books I like. Here’s the back summary of the first book:

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father--the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner--are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her new found status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

It sounds strange and cheesy at some parts, but what book summary doesn’t? (Every time I try to explain a book to someone I end up sounding like an idiot and making the book look horrible in the process) Well I really need to get back to my essay, my writing itch as been scratched for the moment so I shall take my leave and stop procrastinating. :D

1 comment:

  1. I love The Killers! I know that is like a minor part of your post but I felt the need to say it. They rock!

    ReplyDelete